So I have said for a long time, I am going to lose all this weight I have gained.
When I got married, I was at an ok weight and then I had Jerrika and lost it all. We moved to AZ and I had 3 miscarriages in 9 months, then finally got pregnant with Jonathan and my sister died suddenly. Derek lost his job 1 month before I had Jonathan and had to start working at America West, so his commute was an hour each way.
Needless to say, between having Jerrika and getting pregnant with Jonathan, 3 yrs later, I gained about 10 pounds. Then between 2003 and 2006, I successfully ate my way another 20 pound gain. I had Jilly and lost the pregnancy weight, but in the past year I haven't lost anything (neither have I gained, which is good).
I have recognized my depression and stress and am now not giving lip service to weight loss but finally doing something. I have tried just cutting back, but then we have a glass of wine or go out to eat or have just a little dessert, which leads to more. I try to exercise, but then this and that happens. So no more lip service, let's get serious. I have 40 pounds to lose and I want it gone before my 40th birthday in February.
Vicki and I have starte Medifast this week. Jen is dieting too, but doing her own approach because the Medifast has soy in it, which doesn't work with Jen's thyroid issues.
The premise behind Medifast is to eat 5 of their packaged meals/drinks and then 1 "lean and green" meal a day. I can do this, I know I can!
So day 1 - I eat the meals. They are all freeze dried and you add water. Some, like soup and oatmeal, you cook in the microwave and eat. The peach oatmeal isn't bad. Not as peachy as I prefer, but I will live. The lemon bar is really not great. The banana shake is delicious and so is the fruit punch, if it is cold. The chicken noodle soup is a bit strange to eat when it is 109, but it tastes fine. I make it through day 1. For those who are wondering, yes I am still nursing, so I add extra calories to supplement so I don't lose my milk supply.
Day 2 - I do the apple and cinnamon oatmeal, which is fairly tasty, another fruit punch drink, chicken and wild rice soup and a chocolate mint bar. The bar is really delicious!! I am a little hungry today, but nothing major.
Vicki told me, that in 4 days, she has lost over 3 pounds. I am so proud of her!
She, Jen and I have a contest going on. The first one to lose 35 pounds is treated to a spa day by the other 2. Since we are all so uber-competitive, this should be interesting! I am going to start exercising on Monday so I can burn more calories and feel better.
GAME ON!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment