When you are getting to know someone, you will often ask - what are your interests or passions.
For me it is cooking. I LOVE to cook. No I don't want to be a real chef and work in a restaurant, but I would love to take some classes at a culinary school at some point.
The picture to the left is me meeting Richard Blais and Betty Fraser. They were both on Top Chef. Richard made it to the final 4 in season 4. Betty was in season 3 and was eliminated about half way through the season.
So I digress. I LOVE cooking. I love watching cooking, I love talking cooking and I love cooking!
Right now I am working on finishing up my cookbook. I am hoping to have it published within 2 months, if all goes well. I have been working on it, off and on, for 3 years. More off than on - with being pregnant and sick, then moving home and having Jilly and then busy with her and the other 2 monkeys!
So the theme of my cook book is once a month cooking. For those who don't know what this means - it means to select a certain amount of recipes and make a grocery list. Shop for the recipes one day and assemble them the next day and freeze. I typically do 14 entrees each month and each entree serves 6-8 people, so with our family, we end up with about 25 meals for the month.
Every few days I defrost a meal and then cook it at night and add the sides. Makes very little mess in my kitchen and we have different meals each month as I try not to choose the same recipes month over month!
I have had a lot of collaboration on my book. I could never have gotten this far without all my friends who come and "play with me" each month and give me their and their families feedback after eating our monthly creations.
No comments:
Post a Comment